Every other day, we hear about crimes being committed in cyberspace. Due to the increasing number of data-breach and identity-theft incidents, it is required to become more active and educated about the ways to stay safe while making an online financial transaction. These days, hackers can easily target your smart devices or computer network to steal your information if you are not taking the basic precautions. They can gain access to your debit card/credit card numbers to withdraw cash from your account or make unauthorized purchases. Therefore, it is important to learn how to recognize red flags and save yourself from becoming a victim of online fraud.
There are a number of things you can do to protect your information –
1. Although there are lots of benefits of making the payments online, if you don’t follow safety measures, you won’t be able to identify suspicious activities of the hackers. You have to ensure that the platform where you are making the financial transaction strictly adheres to the security protocols to protect the details you submit.
2. Develop the habit of creating a hard-to-guess password for your online account. You should use a mix of upper and lower case alphabets along with numbers. Also, it is recommended to use different passwords for different online accounts. You should make it a habit to change the passwords in regular intervals.
4. You should never share sensitive details of your bank accounts with anyone. Cybercriminals can try to steal details to access your account by impersonating the bank’s representative. NEVER reveal any information about your account on the phone. If you receive any SMS or email, that appears to be from your bank, with the request to provide your account access, user name or password, it is advisable to delete them straight away and contact the bank.
5. Try to refrain from making financial transactions over a shared Wi-Fi network. To minimize the possibility of information leakage, you should always do transactions over a secured internet connection only.
- Never save your username and passwords for your bank and merchant site on your phone, laptop, tablet, or desktop. Also, always log out after the transaction.
- If you suspect that you have been a victim of a scam, you should contact your bank immediately to inform them about the situation and stop/recover the payment.
How to stay safe while playing online real money games
Playing games online is one of the best ways to utilize your free time. Along with lots of entertainment, games offer lots of rewards and benefits. You can easily download a gaming app or create an account on a gaming site to play your favorite games.
You can participate in classic games like Poker, Rummy or Teen Patti with real money and win massive prizes such as cash rewards, tour packages, electronic gadgets, etc. To join the game, you need to make investments. Before making the financial transactions and sharing your personal information, here are the things you need to take care of –
- The privacy of users’ information is the topmost priority of a gaming site. Before joining a site that offers real money games, it is important to ensure that they accept deposits from all major payment gateways such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, Online Wallet, Pay By UPI, etc. Also, check what the site offers for fraud detection and prevent unauthorized use of the account.
- While creating an online account, to protect your identity, don’t use your real name as your username or password. Don’t reveal any information about your gender, age, or address to the opponents through your picture or chat-box messages.
- Play only on the newly updated version of the gaming software to protect your smartphone, tablet or PC. The platform must be compatible with all Android and iOS devices.
No one is immune to online identity theft issues. To save your information from data thieves, you need to find a reliable and trustworthy gaming platform to play money earning games. Make sure to review all the options available on the internet to find out the most authentic gaming site which offers a safe and transparent gaming environment to enjoy your most loved games online.
Image Reference: https://pixahive.com/photo/teen-patti-sequence/